The Heat Pump City of the Year Award is an EHPA project which awards the most efficient, smart and sustainable heat pump project at local level.
The HPCY Award project was launched in 2011 to put the spotlight on cities and regions who have put in place an energy efficient project including a heat pump. The international appeal of the award has grown year after year, so that it now attracts participants from all over Europe.
The project aims to:
- Collect best practice examples of heat pumps in urban areas to present to EU authorities
- Create role models for those who still hesitate to change
- Raise people’s awareness on the potential of heat pumps
The competition is calling for smart heat pump examples from the whole chain of applications: single residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Furthermore, another important element is the level of integration in thermal grids and with other renewable technologies such as solar panels.
The competition is open to:
- National associations
- Project Managers
- Any other person involved in the project development
Since its first edition, the award has achieved higher level of participation and media coverage:
- Growing number of applications year after year
- The award ceremony is covered by EHPA media partners plus other Heating and cooling magazines