- 27 participating countries from Europe and beyond
- 144 submissions (each year we receive more than the previous)
- 110 participating cities
The Heat Pump City of the Year (HPCY) Award is an EHPA project which recognises the most efficient, smart and sustainable Heat Pump project at local level.
The HPCY Award was launched in 2011 to highlight cities and regions that have put in place an energy-efficient project which takes advantage of Heat Pump technology.
The international appeal of the award has grown year after year and now attracts participants from all over Europe and beyond.
The project aims to:
- Collect best practice examples of Heat Pumps in urban areas to present to EU authorities
- Create role models for those who still hesitate to change
- Raise people’s awareness of the potential of Heat Pumps
- Recognise the innovative and continues work in the sector
The competition is calling for projects from the whole chain of applications: single residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Furthermore, another important element is the level of integration in thermal grids and with other renewable technologies such as solar panels.
This year in order to give more importance to each one of the applications that we will receive we decided to add 3 special categories to the main awards.
- DecarBuilding (residential and commercial)
- Next Generation Heat Pump
This special awards will be assigned by the jury according to a few criteria:
- DecarbIndustry: Smart use of waste heat, reduction of CO2 of the industrial process, cost reduction (both on energy and final product) evap/cond temperature lift reached.
- DecarbBuilding: CO2 reductions, improvement of indoor thermal comfort, sCOP level, easy installation, aesthetic design improvement.
- Next Generation Heat Pump: high level of innovation, integration with other RES technologies (towards 100% renewable), cost reduction potential (installation – unit – heating/cooling).