Stats since 2011:
- 30 participating countries from Europe and beyond
- 176 submissions (each year we receive more than the previous)
- 56 participating cities
The Heat Pump Award is an EHPA project which recognises the most efficient, smart and sustainable Heat Pump project at local level.
The Heat Pump Award was launched in 2011 to highlight cities and regions that have put in place an energy-efficient project which takes advantage of Heat Pump technology.
The international appeal of the award has grown year after year and now attracts participants from all over Europe and beyond.
The project aims to:
- Collect best practice examples of Heat Pumps in urban areas to present to EU authorities
- Create role models for those who still hesitate to change
- Raise people’s awareness of the potential of Heat Pumps
- Recognise the innovative and continues work in the sector
The competition is calling for projects from the whole chain of applications: single residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Furthermore, another important element is the level of integration in thermal grids and with other renewable technologies such as solar panels.
This year in order to give more importance to each one of the applications that we will receive we will have 5 awards.
- Heat Pump City of the Year
- DecarBuilding (residential and commercial)
- Out of the box HP project
- People’s choice award: The most popular HP project
This special awards will be assigned by the jury and audience according to a few criteria:
- Heat Pump City of the Year : heat pump projects deployed at local level and with the city support.
- DecarbIndustry: smart use of waste heat and heat pumps in industrial processes.
- DecarbBuilding: projects developed on residential and tertiary sectors.
- Out of the box HP: innovative heat pump projects which do not fit in the other awarding categories.
- People’s choice award: The most popular HP project: online voting, project elected by the audience.